ABOUT UNITED UNDERWRITERS, INC.
United Underwriters is an independent national insurance firm providing you, the financial professional, with solutions for your clients.
What do we offer?
- Access to the highest rated carriers and products
- Competitive analysis of carrier alternatives
- Underwriting expertise to provide you the best offers
- Consultations with you before, during and after the sale
- Marketing solutions and sales support to help grow your business
- Access to medical directors, consulting attorneys and advanced underwriting
What sets us apart?
- Our incredibly friendly, proactive team
- Cases are automatically shopped for better offers
- Requirements are processed the day they are received
- Product recommendations and quick, accurate illustrations
- Sales assistance and customized materials
We have the experts to provide you with innovative solutions for your clients unique needs. And, we have the knowledgable support staff to give you the personal, hands-on relationship that sets us apart from the rest. Every minute counts. Good communication is essential. Superior follow-through makes the difference. That’s United Underwriters.
United Underwriters (UUI) was founded by Edward J. Kuiper in 1974.
We started over a garage in Exeter, NH and now serve thousands of brokers nationwide. We are recognized as one of the pioneers in life insurance brokerage!
Ronald D. Verzone joined UUI in 1979 and quickly took his role as President. He was also a founding member of The Marketing Alliance. He continued to build both companies until he retired in 2012.
Today, Kathy J. Carlson is the President and sole owner of United Underwriters. Her career at UUI began in 1984; and she quickly became a key contributor to the brokerage industry. Her involvement shaped the development and enhancements of three of the most popular agency management systems used by the brokerage marketplace. She is one of the authors of “The Guide to Underwriting an Impaired Risk” - a manual that became an international reference guide on the subject – and has continued to be instrumental in advising company partners and vendors on new business issues.